Sunday, December 28, 2008

We Are On The Road

We got out of Michigan on Saturday. We could not have asked for a better Christmas present than the 50 degree weather. After getting a nice send off from my family I cautiously rode an hour in thick fog to meet up with Chris. The big surprise for me was finding that 3 of our friends got up early Saturday and drove 40 miles to give Chris and I a send off. Thank you Jim, Ruth and John. We had 2 hard days riding to beat the bad weather. End of day 2 has us in Covington LA somewhere between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. We had hard rain for the last 4 hours of today's ride so its good to be in a nice warm hotel rather than a tent. Tomorrow we will head off to Houston. I have some family to visit and will drag Chris along. By Wednesday morning we plan to cross over in to Mexico ...and officially start the Latin Trip. Below is a picture of Chris's moto after last weeks snow storm, patiently waiting for the departure.

No comments: